The Way We See It
This is a personal website. The vision of SpencerWolfe.com is to present our readers and friends with the story from both sides. To avoid being spoon-fed biased perspectives and give people facts from an honest and honorable perspective. Our goal is to encourage discussion, not to suppress it. Life that has been thought about leads to better lives, better business, and better government.
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
As you know, Web 2.0 is all about the conversation. But without a few simple ground rules, that conversation can turn into a shouting match that discourages others from entering into the fray.
So here is the SpencerWolfe.com comments policy. By posting on our blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You may eventually be able to log-in via Disqus, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook—or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously. We don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. We may change this rule if it is abused.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, we would rather receive your comments on our site than via email. It is a better use of our time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
- You may disagree with SpencerWolfe.com. We welcome debate. However, we ask that if you disagree with our team—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In our opinion, there is way too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it here.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. This is a personal site. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. If you are American, the First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not ours. Specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain responsibility of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on our site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant SpencerWolfe.com a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, our goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. We believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.